|04/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|PROMOTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (City Employees): Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) Must currently be a Police Officer with the Dayton Police Department. Must have 5 years of accredited service in the Dayton Police Department as of the examination date.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: Must be OPOTA certified at time of promotion and maintain thereafter as a term and condition of continued
LICENSE REQUIREMENT: Must possess a valid driver's license at time of appointment and maintain thereafter as a term and condition of continued employment.
GENERAL REQUIREMENT: Applicants wishing to receive educational credit should indicate their post-secondary degree in the training/education section of the application. Post-secondary education must be from a college, university, or institution of higher learning that is accredited by the U.S. Department of Education through the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities or equivalent region. Applicants must also provide documentation of education to the Director and Chief of Police or his designee by the date of examination (May 21, 2018) in order to receive education credit.
NOTES: Examination dates and times are subject to change. Calculators will be provided for the Civil Service examination. Applicants MUST indicate all necessary employment dates, experience, training, or any other requirements as stated in the Exam Announcement on their application to be considered for admittance to the examination process.
PRINCIPLE SOURCES OF STUDY MATERIAL:
1. Master Agreement - The City of Dayton, Ohio and The Dayton Public Service Union Local No. 101, A.F.S.C.M.E. Ohio Council 8 (November 1, 2014 through October 31, 2017).
2. Agreement - Fraternal Order of Police, John C. Post Lodge No. 44, Police Officers Unit and the City of Dayton, Ohio (January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2017).
3. Agreement - Fraternal Order of Police, John C. Post Lodge No. 44, Supervisors' Unit and the City of Dayton, Ohio (January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2017).
4. City of Dayton Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual (with revisions prior to October 1, 2017)..
5. City of Dayton Civil Service Board Rules and Regulations (including Policies 1 - 13) (with revisions through December 2016).
6. Rules of Conduct - Dayton Police Department (with revisions prior to October 1, 2017).
7. Manual of Procedure - Dayton Police Department (with revisions prior to October 1, 2017).
8. DPD Academy Training Bulletins (2012 through October 2017).
9. Officer's Search and Seizure Handbook, Fourth Edition and 2015 State Case Summaries by John A. Stephen (http://www.blue360media.com/officer-s- search-and-seizure-handbook-fourth-edition-and-2015-state-case-summaries.html).
10. Becoming an Exemplary Peace Officer: The Guide to Ethical Decision Making by Michael Josephson (2009).
11. Police Innovation: Contrasting Perspectives (Cambridge Studies in Criminology) - by Weisburd and Braga (2006), Chapters 1 - 13.
12. "Good to Great" Policing: Application of Business Management Practices in the Public Sector by Chuck Wexler, Mary Ann Wycoff, and Craig Fisher.
13. Supervision of Police Personnel, 7th Edition, by Nathan F. Iannone, Marvin Iannone and Jeff Bernstein (2009).