|DAYTON MUNICIPAL COURT
301 W. Third St.
Dayton, OH 45402
JOB TITLE: ELECTRONIC HOME DETENTION OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: Probation Department
REPORT TO: Chief Probation Officer, Court Administrator, and Administrative Judge
HOURS: Full time, 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
POSTED: April 23, 2018
DEADLINE: May 4, 2018
JOB PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW
Admit defendants sentenced to the countywide Electronic Home Detention Program (EHDP) into the Program. Admission includes placement of the EHDP device and explaining Program rules. Responsible for supervising EHDP defendants from admission until they are released from the Program. This includes monitoring EHDP defendants for compliance, and submitting reports, warrant requests, and testifying regarding Program violations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Include, but are not limited to:
(1) Admit defendants (both criminal and traffic) into EHDP after verifying their addresses, employment, and whether work release is needed, and after verifying victim addresses and any safety issues.
(2) Explain the rules and regulations of the EHPD program and the consequences of noncompliance to the defendant.
(3) Enter case information into WEJIS, JusticeWeb and Behavioral Intervention (BI) websites.
(4) Place EHDP devices on the defendants
(5) Monitor defendants' compliance with EHDP rules/regulations by tracking their EHDP devices.
(6) Contact defendants regarding Program noncompliance or violations.
(7) Submit timely reports to the Judges regarding defendants' compliance or violations.
(8) Submit warrant requests to the Judges, if needed.
(9) Testify regarding defendants' compliance or violations, as required by the Court.
(10) Any other duties related to admitting, supervising, or monitoring EHDP defendants.
Any duties determined necessary by the Chief or Deputy Chief Probation Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED, with at least ten (10) years of law enforcement or court experience, plus:
(1) Current valid driver's license and good driving record.
(2) Willingness to complete Court security and safety training.
(3) Independent judgment and experience working with the public.
(4) Experience with word processing.
(5) Professional conduct and attire.
(6) Honesty, patience, objectivity, maturity, initiative, adaptability, and effectiveness under stress.
(7) Ability to learn EHDP rules and EHDP devices.
(8) Familiarity with State and City laws, plus Court security practices and procedures.
(9) Ability to handle constant contact with defendants and to defuse volatile situations.
(10) Unarmed self-defense training, Active Shooter training, and Court-issued defensive weapon training.
(11) Computer and electronic equipment knowledge, including word-processing and website navigation skills.
(12) Verbal and written communication skills, including legible handwriting and accurate spelling and grammar.
(13) Time management and organizational skills.
(14) Familiar with procedure for appearing and testifying at Court hearings.
(15) Ability to work as part of the Court team.
(16) Familiar with WEJIS, Justice Web, and criminal justice government websites.
CANDIDATES AND EMPLOYEES ARE SUBJECT TO BACKGROUND CHECKS AND DRUG TESTING.
EMPLOYEES OF THE COURT ARE AT-WILL EMPLOYEES AND SERVE AT THE PLEASURE OF THE COURT.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter and two professional references on or before May 4, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. to:
Ann Marie Murray
Dayton Municipal Court
301 W. Third St. Room 365
Dayton, OH 45402